Last Update 12:8
Thursday, 26 November 2020

Real Madrid's Ronaldo rejects 300 million euro move to China

Reuters , Friday 30 Dec 2016
Cristiano Ronaldo
This file photo taken on May 28, 2016 shows Real Madrid's Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo celebrating after scoring during the penalty shoot-out in the UEFA Champions League final football match between Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid at San Siro Stadium in Milan. (AFP)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1687
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1687

World Player of the Year Cristiano Ronaldo has turned down the chance to leave Real Madrid for an unnamed Chinese club for a transfer fee of 300 million euros ($315.24 million), his agent said on Thursday.

Speaking to Sky Italia at the Globe Soccer Awards in Dubai, Jorge Mendes said the deal would have been worth 100 million euros a year to the Portugal striker.

"From China they've offered 300 million euros to Real Madrid and more than 100 million per year to the player," Mendes was quoted as saying.

"But money is not everything. Real Madrid is his life. Cristiano is happy at Real Madrid and it is impossible to go to China.

"The Chinese market is a new market. They can buy a lot of players but then again it is impossible to go for Ronaldo."

News of the offer made to European champions Real came on the same day Argentine striker Carlos Tevez joined the Chinese Super League side Shanghai Shenhua from Boca Juniors.

No financial details were disclosed but media reports said Shenhua had paid 84 million euros for former Manchester City and Manchester United forward Tevez.

Last week Brazil midfielder Oscar joined local rivals Shanghai SIPG from Chelsea for a fee that media reports put at 60 million euros.

(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports)

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.