Ahly's away league fixture at Masry has been postponed indefinitely by the Egyptian Football Association's competitions committee after the match was initially due to take place on 20 December.
The football association made the decision on Thursday upon the request of the interior ministry, as the verdict of the case of the deadly Port-Said disaster, which took place in February 2012, will be issued on the day of the match.
The interior ministry's request is based on the fear of tensions being escalated by the ruling as the match is going to be the first meeting between both clubs since the incident that left some 74 fans dead in 2012.
Instead, Ahly will be visiting Wadi Degla in a delayed match from the second week, as the Cairo giants – who were recently crowned African Confederation Cup champions – currently have five games in hand.
An initial verdict of the Port-Said disaster was issued last year, which saw 21 defendants handed the death sentence, and five sentenced to life imprisonment.
Egyptian league holders Ahly are currently 12th on the table.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)