The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) set 3 January as a date for Ahly's anticipated clash against Masry in the Egyptian League.
It will be the first clash between the two sides since the Port Said disaster that left over 70 fans dead when thousands of Masry fans stormed the pitch following the end of an ill-tempered league game and confronted the visiting fans.
An initial verdict of the Port-Said disaster that was issued last year sentenced 21 defendants to death and five to life in prison.
Masry have returning to the Egyptian League after serving a one-year-ban by the EFA.
The game was initially due to take place on 20 December but it was postponed indefinitely by the Egyptian Football Association's competitions committee before they set the new date on Monday.
The game will be played behind closed doors at Gouna stadium upon the request of Egyptian security forces.
Ahly are fifth in the League table with 21 points, four points ahead of Masry who lie at 12 place.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)