Zamalek midfielder Omar Gaber has officially lodged a complaint against his club after it prevented him from attending Monday's training.
Zamalek fan favourite player Gaber made headlines in the past few days in the wake of the Air Defence Stadium disaster.
The player declined to play against ENPPI in a league clash last week after 20 fans were killed ahead of the match in front of the military stadium.
The 23-year-old midfielder refused to take part in the game after he was informed that fans had died.
Gaber has been suspended pending an inquiry into his conduct by the management.
Upon his arrival to the club on Monday for the first time since the disaster, Gaber was informed that he is suspended from the team's trainings until an investigation into his conduct is concluded on Sunday.
The technical staff told Gaber that he can only train with the Youth team. But Gaber refused and opted tp lodge a compliant to the football association.
Directly after the disaster, Gaber (a product of Zamalek's youth academy) said he would no longer play for the club.
Also, he has defended his teammates who came under fire for agreeing to play, insisting that if they had been certain of the deaths, they wouldn't have taken part in the game.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)