The Egyptian Premier League will resume on 22 March and end on 3 August after the competition was temporarily suspended following a Cairo football disaster earlier this month, the country’s football association announced on Thursday.
The premier domestic competition has been frozen since 8 February, when 20 Zamalek supporters were killed after police forces used teargas to disperse a crowd of fans attempting to enter the Air Defence Stadium before a league match with ENPPI.
Egypt's cabinet on Wednesday said the competition would not be cancelled but that the remaining games would be held behind closed doors.
"We will send the new dates of the Egyptian Premier League to the interior ministry to officially approve them," EFA board member Mahmoud El-Shamy said in a television interview on Thursday.
"The Premier League games are expected to be delayed again because of the Parliament elections in March," he added.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)