Egypt Football Association (EFA) head Gamal Allam revealed on Thursday that he refused to disclose to FIFA a court ruling to dissolve the EFA's board to avoid sanctions by the world governing body, including possible suspension.
Last week, the EFA was dissolved after Sunday's verdict in a case that dates back to a lawsuit filed in 2013 by the president of the second division football team Bani Ebeid, Hermas Radwan, challenging the integrity of the voting process in the association's 2012 elections.
FIFA statutes prohibit any government interference in football matters.
"FIFA asked us about the board dissolution but we told them there was no such court verdicts, to save the Egyptian football from suspension," Allam said during an interview in a television programme late on Thursday.
Allam hinted that if the board disclosed the dissolution verdict to FIFA it would be deemed an official complaint to the world governing body.
FIFA and the International Olympic Committee (IOC) both suspended Kuwait because of alleged government interference in the Gulf state's sports scene.
"In the last FIFA Congress Kuwaut asked us to stand by them ... I don't want to let my country suffer the same fate," he added.
The regular four-year elections of a new EFA board are set to take place in September 2016.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)