Last Update 16:41
Thursday, 09 April 2020

Zamalek coach backs striker Morsi, denies rumors of Mohamed Ibrahim's departure

Ahram Online , Monday 12 Mar 2018
Ihab Galal
Zamalek coach Ihab Galal (Photo: Ahram)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1449
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1449

Zamalek boss Ihab Galal said on Monday he is confident that the team's striker Bassem Morsi will regain his form, adding the club has no intention to offload playmaker Mohamed Ibrahim in the coming summer.

Bassem Morsi who was a key player in the squad that won the domestic double in 2015 but he struggled this season, failing to score in his 14 appearances with the team so far.

The 24-year-old is likely to be included in Zamalek's squad for Wednesday's league game against Ragaa to compensate the absence of Congolese striker Kabongo Kasongo who picked a hamstring injury in Zamalek's 1-2 loss to Wolaitta Dicha of Ethiopia in the Confederation Cup last Wednesday.   

"I am sure that Bassem Morsi will regain his form," Galal told the club's official website on Monday.

"He trained well and he is determined to regain his place in the team's starting 11. With his performance and his determination he could have a chance against Ragaa," Galal said.

However, Galal denied all reports suggesting the club would let Mohamed Ibrahim go in the next summer, confirming that he will remain.

"All reports concerning Mohamed Ibrahim departure are rumors," the Zamalek coach added. "Mohamed Ibrahim was registered in the team's African squad upon my request and the club's management accepted."

"He is an important player and he will get soon the chance to play," Galal concluded.

The 25-year-old has fallen out favor with the Zamalek coach, who dropped him from the team's squad in the last seven games.

Reports have linked Ibrahim with a move to archrivals Ahly in the next summer.

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.