Cairo giants Ahly said on Monday that up to 10,000 supporters will be allowed to attend their's Champions League game against Atlabara in the preliminary round set to be played on Sunday.
Ahly will open its Champions League campaign when they host the South Sudanese side at Alexandria's Borg El-Arab Stadium before playing the second leg at the same stadium two weeks later upon the request of the visitors.
The eight-time African champions are looking for the ninth title and the first since 2013.
"The club has received the security clearance concerning the attendance of 10,000 in the African game," club director Mohamed Morgan told reporters on Monday.
"I am confident that the supporters will follow the security instructions during the game."
A crowed ban has been re-imposed in Egypt since February 2015 when 21 Zamalek fans died in a stampede at the Air Defence Stadium in Cairo.
Since then, the ban has been partially lifted in continental matches featuring Egyptian clubs as well as the games of the national team.
With Egypt's successful hosting of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in July, it is likely that the next season will see the return of supporters to the Egyptian league games, especially after the sports minister said he is keen on helping the supporters regain their place in the stadiums.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at@AO_Sportsand on Facebook atAhramOnlineSports.)