Last Update 15:17
Friday, 18 September 2020

Ex-EFA chairman Zaher denies breach accusations

Zaher insists NSC's charges against him are untrue, says he's 'ready to be questioned' over alleged violations

Eslam Omar, Wednesday 29 Feb 2012
Zaher
Former EFA chairman Samir Zaher (Photo: AL-Ahram)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 932
Share/Bookmark
Views: 932

Former Egyptian Football Association (EFA) chairman Samir Zaher has insisted that all of the National Sports Council (NSC)'s accusations against him are untrue.

"I applied the law when I ran the association and I'm ready to be questioned," Zaher told Ahram Online.

The NSC accuses Zaher of serious breaches, including his failure to obtain payment owed for television broadcasts and collect clubs’ unpaid EFA dues.

Zaher is also accused of granting the team's kit sponsorship to sports-apparel manufacturer PUMA rather than issuing a public tender for the sponsorship.

The 69-year-old Zaher, who was elected during the regime of ousted Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak, resigned following the 1 February Port Said disaster in which more than 70 people were killed in clashes between rival football fans.

Since then, all domestic football competitions have been suspended, while Anwar Saleh was elected caretaker EFA chairman.

(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter: @AO_Sports)

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.