Last Update 16:52
Thursday, 29 October 2020

Zamalek turn down €2,5 mil bid for Mohamed: France Football

Zamalek president Mortada Mansour said he would let Mostafa Mohamed go at the end of the season if he received a good offer

Ahram Online , Monday 21 Sep 2020
 Mostafa Mohamed
File photo of Zamalek striker Mostafa Mohamed (Ahram)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 2018
Share/Bookmark
Views: 2018

Egyptian giants Zamalek have turned down a 2,5 million euro offer from Turkish side Fenerbahce for their star striker Mostafa Mohamed, according to French soccer magazine France Football.

The 19-time Turkish champions are seeking to bolster their frontline after finishing seventh last season in a huge disappointment for the club's fans and board.

According to the report, Fenerbahce may return with another offer to meet Zamalek's demands who could let the player go for three or four million euros.

Zamalek President Mortada Mansour said on Saturday that he has two Turkish offers for Mohamed and he may be open to let his 22-year-old imposing striker go by the end of the season if he receives a good offer.

Mohamed has quickly established himself as Egypt's number one striker due to his physical abilities and a string of fine performances recently. An athletic and imposing forward, a strong foot and dominant in the air, the Zamalek forward seems the legitimate successor to the powerful Egyptian strikers that have made their way to Europe like Ahmed "Mido" Hossam and Amr Zaki.

He scored nine goals in 24 league appearances so far.

Fenerbahce are also monitoring the situation of Tanzania striker Mbwana Samatta who failed to settle at Premier League side Aston Villa. According to France Football, he is the top target for the Istanbul-based side but could be over their budget as they would have to raise a bid for more than five million euros.

(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)

 

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.