Zamalek intend to invite president Mohamed Morsi and defence minister Mohamed Hussein Tantawi to attend Sunday’s African Champions League clash against Ahly.
“We will also invite the prime minister and all the country’s high-ranking officials,” Zamalek vice-president Sabri Serag said in a television interview.
“I hope they can accept our invitation to signal the start of football resumption in Egypt.”
The brother of Morsi admitted last month that Egypt’s first freely elected president is a Zamalek fan.
Ahly, Zamalek and the Egyptian national team have had to play their respective games in African competitions behind closed doors since February’s infamous Port Said disaster, which left dozens dead and hundreds injured in Febuary.
Lingering security concerns have led to the cancellation of last season’s Egyptian Premier League and cast doubts over whether the competition could be played this term.
The interior ministry recently reiterated it would not secure any domestic game unless Egyptian clubs fulfil 10 safety requirements that were put forward following the Port Said tragedy.
The Group B clash between Ahly and Zamalek will be played at Cairo’s Military Academy Stadium behind closed doors.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports)