Egypt coach Bob Bradley has temporarily suspended plans to hold a training camp this month following last week’s Port Said football tragedy that left at least 74 dead and scores injured.
The Pharaohs had been due to begin preparations for their upcoming African Cup of Nations qualifier on 15 February, but last week’s violence has reportedly thrown these plans into doubt.
The seven-time African champions are slated to take on Central Africa on 29 February in their opening CAN qualifier.
“Our technical staff is now solely focused on helping and supporting the families of Port Said victims,” Egypt goalkeeping coach Zaki Abdel-Fattah told Ahram Online on Sunday.
“We will meet on 15 February to make a final decision over the training camp,” he added. “We’re still waiting to find out whether the Egyptian Premier League will resume or not.”
Egypt’s Premier League was suspended indefinitely last week in the wake of the country’s worst-ever football disaster.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter: @AO_Sports)