Mohamed Salah's agent denied on Wednesday a report in Spanish newspaper AS that his client has been offered to Barcelona by his representatives.
AS claimed earlier in the day that there have been meetings between Salah's representatives and Barcelona officials over a possible summer move. The paper said the Spanish champions could make a move for the Liverpool man should they fail in their bid to sign Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann.
"This never happened. @English_AS you need better sources," Salah's agent Ramy Abbas said on his Twitter account.
The 25-year-old has been linked with a move away from Liverpool after enjoying a dream debut season with the Reds, winning a host of individual awards and finishing as the Premier League's top scorer with 32 goals.
He is set to link up with his Egypt teammates in Cairo on Saturday, one day before they fly to Russia to make their first World Cup appearance since 1990.
Salah is facing a race against time to be fit for the football's most prestigious showpiece after injuring shoulder ligaments in Liverpool's 3-1 defeat by Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League final on 26 May.
Egypt coach Hector Cuper gave a positive assessment of Salah's condition on Tuesday, telling a news conference that his prized asset could be ready to play against Uruguay in the Pharaohs' opening Group A clash on 15 June.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)