Last Update 23:31
Saturday, 15 August 2020

Egyptian striker Mido will present TV show, will not retire

Egypt’s nomadic striker Mido rebuffs reports suggesting that he might hang up his boots

Hatem Maher, Tuesday 20 Nov 2012
Mido
Barnsley striker Mido (picture taken from the club's official website)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 2609
Share/Bookmark
Views: 2609

Ahmed ‘Mido’ Hossam  will have a new media role to play, but that does not mean he will retire from professional football, the Egyptian striker said.

The 29-year-old, who plays for English second-division side Barnsley, will be the host of a new television show on Egyptian satellite channel Al-Hayat, fuelling speculation over his footballing future.

Mido, who has struggled with weight and fitness problems since joining Barnsley last summer, made his debut with the club in their 1-0 loss to Huddersfield Town in the English second division (Championship) earlier this month.

“I will discuss some important issues in the television programme and I will host some Premier League and European stars,” he said in a television interview.

“That programme will not prompt me to mull retirement; I intend to honour my contract [with Barnsley]. I will do both,” he added.

Mido has been blighted with constant weight problems for the past few years, struggling to hit top gear. He has not played for the Egyptian national team since taking part in a friendly game against Malawi in December 2009.

(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports)

Search Keywords:
Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.