Last Update 14:43
Friday, 15 November 2019

'Exemplary' Balotelli set for second Milan debut

AFP , Monday 21 Sep 2015
AC Milan
AC Milan's Mario Balotelli (Reuters)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 698
Share/Bookmark
Views: 698

Mario Balotelli could make his full second debut for AC Milan when the Rossoneri travel to Udinese on Tuesday looking to build on their gutsy 3-2 win over Palermo at the weekend.

Balotelli re-joined Milan on a season-long loan deal last month after a disastrous year with Liverpool, whom he joined in the summer of 2014 after a mitigated 18 months at the San Siro.

Balotelli has made two appearances so far for Sinisa Mihajlovic's side, coming off the bench in the second half away to Inter Milan (1-0) and at home to Palermo on Sunday when fellow striker Carlos Bacca hit a brace of goals against the Sicilians.

With Slovakian midfielder Juraj Kucka and defender Ignazio Abate joining Milan's growing casualty list, Mihajlovic said Monday he is set to ring the changes for a trip north which he labelled "difficult".

That means Balotelli, who was ordered to adhere to a strict list of rules by the Italian giants upon his arrival last month, could start for Milan.

Despite having his driving licence suspended last month for speeding in his Lamborghini at 90 km/h in a 50 km/h zone, the 24-year-old striker has satisfied Mihajlovic with his "exemplary" behaviour "on and off the pitch".

"Balotelli could start, but I haven't decided yet. There will be a few changes but I want to keep as many of my regulars as possible," said the Serbian.

Asked if he thought Balotelli had changed, Mihajlovic added: "I don't know what he was like before, I knew him when he was a 17 year old at Inter and now he's 25.

"All I knew was what I read in the newspapers and what I saw him do when he was playing. Up until now, he's been exemplary on and off the pitch.

"I can't fault his behaviour, although I always impress on him to improve."

After failing to qualify for Europe this season, seven-time European champions Milan are desperate to turn ailing fortunes around although the Rossoneri have won only two of their four games so far.

With three goals in four games it has been a positive start for Bacca, but Mihajlovic warned the Colombian striker not to rest on his laurels and said Milan's defence, having conceded six times already, to plug the holes.

"I'm very demanding with myself and my players. I'm never satisfied," added Mihajlovic. "Bacca has scored three goals, but he could have had more."

He added: "Tomorrow our objective is to not concede any goals. We know the areas in which we need to improve."

(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)

 
Short link:

 

Email
 
Name
 
Comment's
Title
 
Comment
Ahram Online welcomes readers' comments on all issues covered by the site, along with any criticisms and/or corrections. Readers are asked to limit their feedback to a maximum of 1000 characters (roughly 200 words). All comments/criticisms will, however, be subject to the following code
  • We will not publish comments which contain rude or abusive language, libelous statements, slander and personal attacks against any person/s.
  • We will not publish comments which contain racist remarks or any kind of racial or religious incitement against any group of people, in Egypt or outside it.
  • We welcome criticism of our reports and articles but we will not publish personal attacks, slander or fabrications directed against our reporters and contributing writers.
  • We reserve the right to correct, when at all possible, obvious errors in spelling and grammar. However, due to time and staffing constraints such corrections will not be made across the board or on a regular basis.
Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.