Reaction after an inquest jury found Tuesday that the 96 Liverpool fans who died in the 1989 Hillsborough Stadium disaster had been unlawfully killed:
"Thank you, thank you"
- Response from one member of the public gallery when the verdict of unlawful killing was announced.
"Justice for the 96"
- Chant repeated by relatives and friends outside the courtroom in Warrington, near Liverpool, after the verdict was announced.
"You'll Never Walk Alone"
- Relatives and friends sing the Liverpool anthem outside the courtroom.
"Landmark day as the Hillsborough inquest provides long overdue justice for the 96 Liverpool fans who died in the tragic disaster.
"I would like to pay tribute to the extraordinary courage of Hillsborough campaigners in their long search for the truth."
- British Prime Minister David Cameron
"Fantastic to see the reaction of the families outside the court! Very emotional as well.The truth is out AT LAST. Take note all the doubters!"
- John Aldridge, a member of the Liverpool team that played Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup semi-final at Hillsborough on the ill-fated day.
"Finally, thankfully, justice for the 96! Rest in peace."
- Former England striker turned BBC television football presenter Gary Lineker.
"This has been the greatest miscarriage of justice of our times. But, finally, it is over."
- Labour MP Andy Burnham, who has supported the families' campaign for fresh inquests.
"In due course the CPS will formally consider whether any criminal charges should be brought against any individual or corporate body based upon all the available evidence."
- Sue Hemming, head of the special crime and counter terrorism division at England's Crown Prosecution Service.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)