Last Update 13:23
Tuesday, 28 January 2020

Manchester United scrap plans for Middle East break

Reuters , Wednesday 15 Jan 2020
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Manchester United's Norwegian manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer gesture at the end of the English Premier League football match between Manchester United and Norwich City at Old Trafford in Manchester (AFP)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 756
Share/Bookmark
Views: 756

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said the club have scrapped plans for a winter training camp in the Middle East because of security concerns.

United do not play between Premier League matches at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers on Feb. 1 and at Chelsea on Feb. 17.

Solskjaer took his squad to Dubai in January last year but confirmed similar plans were shelved in the wake of an American air strike at Baghdad airport this month that killed Iranian general Qassem Soleimani.

“We were looking at the Middle East but that is definitely not going to happen,” Solskjaer told British media.

“I am going to give them a few days off. I don’t know where they will all scatter around but we will stay in Europe.”

(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)

 
Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.