Last Update 23:38
Friday, 25 September 2020

Newcastle's Pardew banned for seven games for head-butt

Reuters , Tuesday 11 Mar 2014
Alan Pardew
Newcastle United's manager Alan Pardew, right, and Hull City's David Meyler, left, confront each other during the during the English Premier League match at the KC Stadium, Hull England Saturday March 1, 2014. (Photo: AP)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 432
Share/Bookmark
Views: 432

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew will be banned from the touchline for seven matches following his head-butt on Hull City's David Meyler, the Football Association said on Tuesday.

The 52-year-old, who had already admitted a misconduct charge prior to Tuesday's personal FA hearing, will be banned from stadiums for the first three matches and he will be barred from the touchline for the remaining four.

Pardew was also fined 60,000 pounds ($100,000) by the FA and warned about his future conduct.

Following the incident on March 1, when he pushed his forehead into Meyler on the touchline following a melee, Newcastle fined Pardew 100,000 pounds.

"As I have made clear, I deeply regret the incident and again wholeheartedly apologise to all parties for my conduct, which I understand was not acceptable," Pardew said in a statement on Newcastle's website on Tuesday.

"I will accept the punishment handed down by the FA today. My focus now turns to preparing the team for this weekend's game against Fulham and finishing the season as strongly as possible."

Newcastle are eighth in the Premier League standings with 10 matches left this season.

(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.