Last Update 22:18
Tuesday, 21 January 2020

Tennis: Djokovic withdraws from Madrid Open

AP, Sunday 4 May 2014
Djokovic
Novak Djokovic of Serbia (Photo: Reuters)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 503
Share/Bookmark
Views: 503

Novak Djokovic has withdrawn from the Madrid Open with the same injury that forced him out of the Monte Carlo Masters last month.

The second-ranked Djokovic says ''I did everything possible in order to play in Madrid ... but unfortunately my right arm injury has flared up again.''

Djokovic lost in the semifinals at Monte Carlo to Roger Federer while playing with a sore right wrist.

The second-seeded Djokovic was set to play against either Martin Cilic or Joao Sousa.

Djokovic says he will now work toward playing in his next tournament in Rome, which starts May 11.

(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)

 
Search Keywords:
Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.