Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho celebrating after scoring a goal during the final match against Leicester City FC at the Premier League Asia Trophy soccer tournament in Hong Kong. The Brazil playmaker has also been courted by Barcelona, which has made two offers to Liverpool for the player (Photo: AP)
Liverpool have rejected a third bid from Barcelona for playmaker Philippe Coutinho, sources said on Friday.
Reports in British media put the latest bid at 125 million euros ($146.85 million), as the Spanish club continue to seek a replacement for Coutinho's Brazil team mate Neymar, who they sold to Paris St Germain for a world record 222 million euros earlier this month.
Manager Juergen Klopp has previously insisted that the 25-year-old would not be sold, although last weekend he said that if Liverpool's owners decided to accept a bid there was nothing he could do about it.
Coutinho will miss Saturday's match at home to Crystal Palace because he still has a back injury, Klopp told reporters on Thursday.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)