Egypt condemns Las Vegas deadly shooting

Ahram Online , Monday 2 Oct 2017

A mass shooting in which dozens were killed at a music festival on the Las Vegas (AP)
A mass shooting in which dozens were killed at a music festival on the Las Vegas (AP)

Egypt condemned on Monday the shooting incident that took place earlier in the American city of Las Vegas where no less than 58 people were killed and more than 500 others were wounded, the Egyptian Foreign Ministry announced.

In a statement issued in Cairo, the ministry stated that the people and government of Egypt were standing in solidarity with the people and administration of the United States.

The Foreign Ministry also offered its condolences to the families of the victims and the injured describing the attack as an extreme violation of human values.

Police identified the gunman as local resident Stephen Paddock, 64, but said they had no information yet about his motive to open fire on the open-air concert from a nearby hotel window.

Without providing any evidence, the Islamic State militant group claimed responsibility for the attack in 3 statements published on social media. US officials said there was no evidence so far linking the gunman to any militant group.

Short link: