The collapsed building in Alexandria (Photo: Al-Ahram)
Egypt’s Prosecutor-General Hamada El-Sawy has assigned two teams from the Public Prosecution to investigate the collapse of three buildings in Assiut and Alexandria governorates on Sunday.
Earlier on Sunday, two adjacent buildings in Alexandria collapsed in El-Gomrok district, killing one woman and injuring four people.
The governorate has ordered the temporary evacuation of neighbouring buildings to ensure their safety.
In Assiut, a building collapsed in the West Assiut district. Civil Protection units rescued three people from the rubble, and a search is ongoing for two missing people.
Earlier on Sunday, the prosecution said it was investigating the collapse of another building in downtown Cairo. The four-storey building, built on an area of 1,500 metres, collapsed on Saturday, injuring at least four people, and 14 people have been rescued from the rubble.
The Public Prosecution said on Sunday that it has ordered continued efforts to remove rubble from a collapsed building in Cairo's Downtown Qasr Al-Nile Street in search of missing people.