Liverpool star Mohamed Salah has recovered a COVID-19 infection, nine days after he tested positive for the highly-contagious virus, Egypt's health ministry said on Sunday.
"Salah's latest test returned a negative result," health ministry spokesman Khaled Megahed told local media.
"He has received a week-long treatment in accordance with the Egyptian protocol until he fully recovered."
Salah tested positive for COVID-19 on 13 November, missing Egypt's double header against Togo in the African Cup of Nations qualifiers.
He also sat out Liverpool's 3-0 Premier League victory over Leicester City on Sunday but should be fit to take part in the midweek European Champions League clash at home to Italian side Atalanta.
The 28-year-old was criticised by British newspapers after social media photos showed him dancing during the wedding of his brother earlier this month without a face mask or socially distancing.
However, Liverpool coach Juergen Klopp backed his prized asset.
"I was in Germany in the summer and a friend moved a birthday party for me and I decided not to go. It was allowed. In other countries there's more social pressure and a brother’s wedding is a special moment. My players are incredibly disciplined," the German coach said.
Salah's Egypt teammate Mohamed Elneny has also contracted COVID-19. The Arsenal midfielder and Salah flew back to Britain on Friday.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)