Zamalek's spokesman Essam Salem announced early on Sunday that the team's wantaway striker Mostafa Mohamed is close to joining French league-side Saint Etienne during the ongoing winter transfer window.
"Zamalek's management will announce the final decision on the future of the team's striker Mostafa Mohamed during the coming hours," Salem told a radio programme.
"I think the negotiations with the player have finished and he will join St. Etienne soon," the Zamalek spokesman added.
The in-form striker, urged the club's management to agree on his transfer to play in the French League after receiving a big offer from St. Etienne to join the team this winter.
The 23-year-old wantaway attacker skipped Zamalek's training session without permission, as he put pressure on the club’s management into accepting the offer from French-side St. Etienne.
Mohamed has established himself as one of Zamalek's key players after a series of fine displays last season. He also started the new term in a superb fashion; scoring twice in the two opening Egyptian Premier League games.
Zamalek’s management said that they would prefer to wait until the end of the season and after the summer Olympic Games, in which they believe the 23-year-old could get a better offer.
French League giants St. Etienne have reportedly raised their bid to sign Mostafa Mohamed to 4 million euros, which could be tempting for Zamalek, given their ongoing financial troubles following the sacking of their previous board of directors last month.