Egypt v Senegal Head to Head record
Matches=13, Wins=7, Draws=2, Defeats=4, Goals scored=12, Goals conceded=8
Carlos Queiroz (Egypt)
Aliou Cisse (Senegal)
Mohamed Salah (Liverpool, England), Mahmoud Trezeguet (Aston Villa, England), Mohamed Elneny (Arsenal, England)
Sadio Mane (Liverpool, England), Gana Gueye (PSG, France), Ismaila Sarr (Watford, England)
World Cup record
- Egypt was the first African country to reach the World Cup when they played in Italy 1934.
- The Pharaohs appeared in three World Cups (1934, 1990 and 2018) but never managed to get past the first round.
- In total, Egypt played 7 World Cup matches; winning none, drawing twice and losing 5. They scored 5 goals and conceded 12.
- The Teranga Lions have qualified twice for the World Cup in 2002 and 2018.
- Their best achievement was in 2002 when they reached the quarter finals to become one of three African teams to reach that level.
- In total, Senegal played 8 World Cup matches; winning 3, drawing 3 and losing 2. They scored 11 goals and conceded 10.
FIFA ranking (December 2021)
- Egypt won seven African titles in 1957, 1959, 1986, 1998, 2006, 2008 and 2010.
- Senegal finished runners up twice in 2002 and 2019.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)