A still photo of a video released by the Foundation of International School in Egypt (FISE) for two students graduating from an International Public School (IPS)
IPS Schools offer a "unique education that blends Egyptian heritage and experience with modern international standards," according to the IPS Schools website.
Established by the Ministry of Education and the Foundation of International Schools in Egypt (FISE), IPS schools provide IGCSE qualifications with annual tuition fees ranging from EGP 15,460 ($500) to EGP 20,870 ($670).
FISE, a non-profit organization, was first established in 2017 and serves as a regulator body for 35 of the most prominent international schools in Egypt while offering technical support to help them meet industry standards and benchmarks.
Here's all you need to know about IPS schools
- The IPS schools project was inaugurated in 2019 under the directives of President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi.
- IPS schools are located in Cairo in the following districts: Zahraa Nasr City - Mustafa Al-Nahhas - New Cairo - New Administrative Capital - Shorouk City- Moqattam - Rod El-Farag - 6 October City.
- IPS schools also operate in locations such as Port Said - 10th of Ramadan - Tanta – Mansoura - Damietta - Kafr El-Sheikh -Nubareya- Obour - Alexandria.
- Applications for next academic years can be submitted from March to mid-April.
- Application forms can be filled out online through a QR code announced on the official school pages on Facebook.
- The academic year runs from October to June.
- Preschool (FS1) admission is open to children who are four years old.
- IPS schools offer grades from FS1 to year 5.
- Tuition fees for FS1 are EGP 15,460 per year, including textbooks, with an annual increase of 7 percent.
- Applicants must pass admission tests that assess the following skills: (Personal Appearance - Behavior - Mathematics - General Information - Motor Skills - Thinking Skills).
- IPS schools accept transfer
students from other international and language schools in July.
- French and German are the second elective languages in IPS schools.
- The capacity of IPS classrooms is 25 students per class.
- FISE offers full technical support to the 20 schools, including continuous professional development, curriculum development, supervision, and evaluation visits.
- Parents can visit the FISE website, or the school's Facebook page, for more information.
Similarly, in 2014, the ministry established three Egyptian International Schools (EIS) in Cairo that offer International Baccalaureate (IB) qualifications. These schools are located in Marg, New Cairo, and Sheikh Zayed.