Market watch: EGX100 hits record high, gold rebounds on Sunday
Gold continued to rise, and all of the EGX's indices had a positive performance, except for the benchmark, as EGX100 broke the 5,000-point level for the first time ever on Sunday.
EGX trading hall. Reuters.
- The price of 24-carat gold per gram rose by EGP 17 to EGP 2,668.5.
- The 21-carat gold increased by EGP 15 per gram to reach EGP 2,335.
- The price of 18-carat gold per gram increased by EGP 13 to EGP 2,001.5.
- On Sunday, the price of a gold pound was EGP 18,680, up EGP 120 from Thursday's price.
*Prices reflect updates recorded by midday.
- EGX30 inched down 0.44 percent to close at 17,455.48 points.
- EGX70 surged 3.11% to close at 3,391.89 points.
- EGX100 soared 2.46% to 5,048.91 points.
- Market cap closed at EGP 1.135 trillion on Sunday, down almost EGP 5 billion from EGP 1.140 trillion on Thursday.
- Beltone Financial Holding was the top gainer, rising 20% to close at EGP 2.76.
- Alexandria Flour Mills was the top loser, dropping 8.22% to close at EGP 16.98.
- The dollar is stable in the official market, with a buying price of EGP 30.84 and a selling price of EGP 30.95.
- The euro rose slightly to EGP 33.02 for buying and EGP 33.16 for selling.
- The Saudi riyal remained stable, with a buying price of EGP 8.22 and a selling price of EGP 8.25.
*Sources: The Central Bank of Egypt's official exchange rates, the Egyptian Stock Exchange, and iSagha.