Egypt's army killed 14 alleged militants and arrested 45 others during raids in North Sinai between 18 and 20 December, an army spokesperson has said.
Fourteen alleged militants were killed in the crossfire while they were attempting to monitor and attack army checkpoints in the region, the army said.
During the same period the army said it arrested 45 alleged militants, including five on the wanted list, and 40 other suspects.
Five militant hideouts were destroyed in the raids.
In separate news, a security source told Aswat Masrya that security forces had arrested 56 alleged members of militant group Ansar Beit Al-Maqdis during a raid in the South Rafah and Sheikh Zuweid areas of North Sinai on Sunday.
Earlier in November, Ansar Beit Al-Maqdis, Egypt's deadliest militant group operating in Sinai, swore allegiance to the jihadist Islamic State, which has seized large swathes of Syria and Iraq in recent months.
The group has already claimed responsibility for several terrorist attacks against security forces in North Sinai and other governorates.
Egypt's military has been combating a decade-long jihadist insurgency in Sinai, with attacks increasing over the past year. Hundreds of soldiers and police have been killed, while the army says it has killed and arrested hundreds of jihadists. Civilians have also been caught in the violence.