Egypt's Health Ministry said that five people previously diagnosed with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) tested negative on Tuesday, bringing the total number of patients who tested negative after positive a diagnosis to 26 out of 59 cases.
The patients who tested negative are currently in "very stable" condition but are still in isolation at a quarantine hospital in accordance with the World Health Organisation’s instructions, ministry spokesman Khaled Megahed said in a statement.
Egypt reported on Sunday that a German national was the first coronavirus patient to die in the country.
On Monday, the health ministry announced that the number of coronavirus cases in the country has risen climbed to 59 after four new cases were detected. The biggest cluster in Egypt yet has been 45 people aboard a cruise ship in the southern city of Luxor.
Egypt has stepped up measures to prevent the spread of the flu-like virus, which emerged in the Chinese city Wuhan late last year.
The disease has so far killed over 3,800 people and infected more than 111,000 worldwide. Most of the cases have been in China, although recent weeks have seen major new clusters break out in other spots.