File Photo: Ministry of Justice building in the new administrative capital. Photo courtesy of Egyptian Ministry of Justice Website.
This commitment aims to facilitate and conclude the investigation of the case in accordance with the law, El-Sherif said in a statement issued on Wednesday.
The assistant minister also indicated that the government has also instructed the allocation of all necessary efforts to ensure the swift implementation of the decisions issued in this context.
The case dates back to the January 2011 Revolution that toppled late President Hosni Mubarak and involves dozens of defendants and entities.
On Tuesday, a judge investigating the case on foreign funding of civil society organizations has dropped charges against 75 NGOs, ending travel bans and asset freezes, the Ministry of Justice said in a separate statement.
According to the statement, as many as 85 organizations have been under investigation in the foreign funding case.
Investigations have concluded for 75 organizations, with orders of non-prosecution (dismissal orders) issued for them, added the justice ministry.
The ministry said that upon issuance of dismissal orders, all travel bans, watchlist placements, and asset freezes related to these investigations are canceled.
President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi has previously stressed that the Egyptian state is committed to respecting and protecting personal freedoms, political participation, freedom of expression, and the right to form NGOs.
He has also called on the civil society sector to cooperate with the state’s institutions to “spread awareness on human rights and to contribute to achieving the aspirations of the Egyptian people.”