Two COVID-19 patients die in hospital fire in Giza

El-Sayed Gamal El-Din , Monday 22 Nov 2021

Two coronavirus patients were killed and two others suffered injuries from smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at a private hospital in Giza's upscale district of Mohandeseen, sources told Ahram Online.

File Photo: A fire at a juvenile detention center in the Egyptian capital, officials said Friday. REUTERS.

Initial investigations have revealed that the fire, which has since been extinguished, was caused by an electrical short circuit in a ventilator in the intensive care unit designated for coronavirus patients. The fire then spread to the hospital's first two floors.

The fire engulfed the ICU and killed two patients who were in isolation. Two other patients in the same room were rescued.

The public prosecution’s investigation into the incident is still underway.

Short link: