All of the 32 fishermen arrested on suspicion of involvement in an attack on a military boat last week were released on Sunday, leaving no other suspects in custody.
Half of the fishermen were released by dawn on Sunday, reported Al-Ahram's Arabic news website, before other media reports confirmed the second half was released later in the day.
On Wednesday, the army said an early morning "terrorist attack" on a navy boat in the Mediterranean Sea near Damietta had left five navy personnel injured, while eight others remained missing.
After the attack, the army announced the arrest of 32 suspects. Their identities weren't immediately clear but were later confirmed to be fishermen.
The military said it destroyed four boats used by the assailants.