Egypt's Prime Minister Sherif Ismail, Defense Minister Sedki Sobhi, and Justice Minister Ahmed El-Zend led a military funeral for victims of the attacks that took place on Tuesday in the North Sinai city of Arish, Al-Ahram reported on Wednesday.
Seven people, including one judge, one civilian, and five security personnel, were killed on Tuesday and eight were injured in North Sinai's restive city of Al-Arish in attacks on a hotel where judges supervising the parliamentary polls were residing.
The ISIS-affiliated militant group in North Sinai, Ansar Beit Al-Maqdis, claimed responsibility for the attacks. The same group said weeks earlier that it brought down the Russian airliner that crashed in Sinai last month, killing all 224 on board.
A suicide bomber was driving a car bomb into the Swiss Inn hotel when security forces opened fire on him, causing the car to explode away from the hotel and the bomber to die, the Egyptian military said in a statement.
Another attacker wearing an explosive belt later snuck into the hotel's kitchen and blew himself up, while a gunman went up to one of the rooms and opened fire, killing a prominent judge named Amr Hamad.
For years, Egypt has been fighting in North Sinai an Islamist militant insurgency, which spiked in 2013 following Islamist president Mohamed Morsi's ouster.