Egyptian Health Minister Hala Zayed speaking at a press conference on Wednesday, February 27, 2019, following incident at Cairo's main railway station (Photo: Screenshot Extra News privately owned channel)
Egypt's Health Minister Hala Zayed said in a press conference that most of the 20 who died in a railway blaze earlier on Wednesday are still unidentified, and that some of the injured are in serious condition and cannot unidentify themselves.
The health minister said a total of 43 have been injured and have mostly suffered fractures and burns, and that one is in very critical condition.
The health minister also said that 15 people have been discharged from hospital after receiving treatment, and that many of the injured have been transferred to better equipped hospitals. The one critically injured patient, who is at the Coptic Hospital in downtown Cairo, is too severely wounded to be transferred to another hospital.
"I have communicated with the Armed Forces as well as Kasr El-Eini and Ain Shams hospitals to obtain all the needed equipment, blood and manpower," said Zayed.
The health minister has also said that psychological councillors are at all the hospitals where the injured are bring treated to provide them with aid.
The blaze broke out when a train crashed into concrete barriers in Cairo's Ramses Railway Station.