Nestlé Egypt has temporarily closed one of its factories in Giza's 6 October City due to the detection of coronavirus cases, said the company in a press release on Monday.
The multinational Switzerland-based company's statement said the factory is specialised in producing dry goods, without providing further details on the number of infections, date of discovery, or the patients' health status.
"The company takes all necessary measures in coordination with the Ministry of Health and the relevant bodies to sterilise and disinfect the factory in order to resume production operations at the facility as soon as possible," the statement added.
The food and drink processing company stressed that the health and safety of employees is on its top priorities and that since the beginning of the pandemic, the company has been working to provide safe food and drinks for customers.
Nestlé has been implementing additional preventative measures to maintain the safety of employees, products, partners and the communities in which it operates, the statement stressed.
Egypt has so far reported 4,782 coronavirus infections and 337 fatalities.