Spokesman for the Coptic Orthodox Church Bolis Halim asserted that no new decisions have been taken so far concerning opening churches for prayers.
In statements to MENA on Monday, Halim said the churches are committed to the decisions on suspending prayers and all church activities within the framework of the precautionary measures against the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Halim said the churches will be ready for any decision on resuming congregational prayers and if this happens, all needed precautionary measures will be taken. Worshippers will be committed to wearing masks.
Any new instructions will be published on the Church's official website.