Egypt's Interior Minister Mahmoud Tawfik has reshuffled a number of senior positions within the ministry in the 2020 shake-up announced on Saturday.
According to a statement by the ministry, the reshuffle comprises 10 aides to the minister, nine heads of security directorates across the country, and nine heads of ministry departments.
The statement said that the shake-up is in line with the state's policy to promote young policemen to prepare a new generation of young cadres to serve as the nucleus of future police leadership.
Earlier on Saturday, a statement by presidential spokesperson Bassam Rady revealed that President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi had met with the interior minister.
The new police reshuffle:
Aides to the interior minister
- Maj. Gen. Khaled Shalaby, assistant minister for port security.
- Maj. Gen. Reda Suwailem, assistant minister for security forces.
- Maj. Gen. Hisham Abdel Hamid, assistant minister for economic security.
- Maj. Gen. Mahmoud El-Gamasy, assistant minister for security and guards.
- Maj. Gen. Atef Mahran, assistant minister for Sinai.
- Maj. Gen. Mahmoud Aboudi, assistant minister for drug control and organised crime.
- Maj. Gen. Hazem Hamad, assistant minister for the general secretariat sector.
- Maj. Gen. Mostafa El-Adawy, assistant minister for the documents sector.
- Maj. Gen. Hossam El-Kholy, assistant minister for human rights.
- Maj. Gen. Mohamed Abdel Aziz, assistant minister for tourism and antiquities.
Heads of security directorates
- Maj. Gen. Ramzy El-Mezain, Fayoum security director.
- Maj. Gen. Fakhr El-Araby, Qaloubiya security director.
- Maj. Gen. Ibrahim Abdel-Ghaffar, Sharqiya security director.
- Maj. Gen. Ahmed Farouk, Menoufiya security director.
- Maj. Gen. Raafat Abdel-Baeth, Dakahliya security director.
- Maj. Gen. Mohamed Tawfik, New Valley security director.
- Maj. Gen. Hany Medhat, Gharbiya security director.
- Maj. Gen. Ahmed El-Alfy, South Sinai security director.
- Maj. Gen. Mahmoud Abu Amra, Red Sea security director.
Heads of ministry departments
- Maj. Gen. Tarek El-Zawawy, head of the general department of information technology.
- Maj. Gen. Assem Dahesh, head of the public funds general department.
- Maj. Gen. Mohamed Zamzam, head of the general department of transport police.
- Maj. Gen. Nasser Mohi El-Din, head of the general department of media relations.
- Maj. Gen. Sameh El-Regbawy, head of the general department for securing the Suez Canal axis.
- Maj. Gen. Yehia Abdel-Kerim, head of the general department of passports and immigration.
- Maj. Gen. Hisham Kadry, head of the general department of taxes and fees.
- Maj. Gen. Mohamed El-Serwy, head of the general department of technical office.
- Maj. Gen. Nageh Zaki, head of the general department of intellectual property rights protection.