The Egyptian Ministry of Health detected 767 new coronavirus cases on Monday, bringing the total cases since the outbreak last year to 205,732.
The ministry also reported 47 fatalities, bringing the death toll to 12,210.
A total of 355 patients have been discharged from hospitals in the past 24 hours, bringing recoveries to 156,574.
Egypt has been witnessing a slight increase in the daily infection rate over the past few days despite passing the peak of the second wave of the virus that hit the country in November.
The increase was already expected by the country's officials, including the Minister of Health Hala Zayed who told a WHO meeting in February that the infection will be on an upward curve in April before retreating again in May.
President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi also said last month that the country "is on the threshold of a third wave" of the coronavirus pandemic.
The second week of April will witness the commencement of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, during which the highest number of coronavirus cases was recorded last year, according to Zayed.
President El-Sisi has urged citizens to stick to preventive measures, especially during the holy month, which is known for religious and social activities marked with big assemblies.
The Egyptian government said the Ramadan charity banquets, a religious ritual that used to be held publicly in the streets to offer free fast-breaking meals for the needy and passers-by, won’t be allowed during Ramdan, as will late-night prayers, which are called Tahajjud prayers, and the seclusion in the mosques in Ramadan, which is called Itikaf worship.
With the adoption of all the precautionary measures, the government allowed holding mass night prayers, called Taraweeh, during Ramadan, provided that they do not exceed 30 minutes.