Two people were killed and two others were injured in a fire that erupted early Tuesday inside a building at the Prince Tadros Monastery in Cairo, the church announced.
According to the statement, the fire took place in a building used as residence for workers located outside the monastery.
The statement added that the fire was due to an explosion of a butane gas cylinder, killing two workers and injuring another.
The fire was later put out due to fire firefighting efforts.
Prince Tadros Monastery for nuns is located in Haret El-Room in Old Cairo.