A Sinai tribal leader has praised the stance of Egypt's political leadership on the blatant and systematic attacks by the Israeli occupation forces against the brotherly Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip, the West Bank and Jerusalem, state-run news agency MENA reported.
In a statement on Sunday, head of the Sinai Tribes Union and Chairman of Abnaa Sinai (Sons of Sinai) Company Ibrahim El-Argany also lauded the Egyptian political leadership decision to open the Rafah crossing to receive the injured from the Gaza Strip.
Earlier on Sunday, MENA reported that a number of injured Palestinians have crossed from the enclave into the Egyptian side, where they will receive treatment at Egyptian hospitals.
The news agency added that a number of equipped ambulances were there at the only crossing point between Egypt and Palestine's Gaza Strip to transport the injured to hospitals after classifying their health conditions.
"Egypt's historical stance towards Palestine and it's just and legitimate cause calls for pride, particularly in light of the state of international silence and turning a blind eye to the crimes of the [Israeli] occupation forces,” El-Argany said.
He stressed that the Egyptian position and its endeavour towards preserving the rights of the Palestinian people and their cause “is a main and pivotal goal” to Egypt.
“Egypt, with its regional and international weight, and thanks to the wisdom and moves of its president, is able to have the final say in ending these brutal attacks against the brothers in the Gaza Strip and stopping the bloodshed,” the head of the Sinai Tribes Union said.
Moreover, El-Argany called on the international community to shoulder its responsibilities in stopping such crimes and protecting the Palestinian people and their rights.
Within hours, in coordination with the concerned authorities, convoys containing food and others containing medicines and medical supplies will be sent to the brothers in the Gaza Strip, El-Argany noted.
This, he added, coincides with the preparations of North Sinai hospitals and the rest of the Egyptian hospitals to receive the injured from the Israeli attacks on Palestinian civilians.
The action-reaction loop, which initially started on Monday, between Israel and Palestine’s Hamas brought the death toll in Palestine to 209 – of which 188 in Gaza, including 55 children and 33 women – health officials said, while Israel has reported 10 dead.
As many as 5,588 Palestinians – 1,225 in Gaza and 4,363 in the West Bank – have been injured since Monday as a result of the violent Israeli aggression, according to official Palestinian numbers.
The almost week-long Palestinian-Israeli escalation has been deemed the most serious since 2014 as Hamas fired rockets at Jerusalem and Tel Aviv in retaliation for hostilities by Israeli police against Palestinian protesters near Al-Aqsa Mosque, Israeli air strikes targeting civilian buildings in the Gaza Strip, and most importantly the Israeli eviction of Palestinians from East Jerusalem’s Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood.