Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi
Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi has issued a presidential decree extending a nationwide state of emergency for three months starting 24 July, the official state gazette said on Thursday.
The Egyptian House of Representatives approved the decision with a two-thirds majority earlier this month, extending the state of emergency that has been in effect since 2017.
Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly has also renewed a nighttime curfew in designated areas of North Sinai, the official state gazette said on Thursday.
The decree covers Tal Rafah in the eastern part of North Sinai to the international border at Rafah, and from Halal Mountain until Ouga on the border.
The curfew is in effect from 7pm until 6am (local time), except in El-Arish city and on the International Road, where it runs from 1am to 5am, or until further notice.