A funeral march will be held on Saturday for Mohamed El-Nahas who was announced dead on Friday after being injured in last month's riots in the city of Port Said.
El-Nahas was shot in the eye on 26 January after the local criminal court slammed 21 of the coastal city’s residents with a death sentence for their involvement in an attack during a match in the Port Said stadium in February 2012 that left more than 70 Ahly fans dead.
Some Port Said residents protested the death sentences, which escalated to clashes with security and into general riots.
After being shot, El-Nahas was transferred to Maadi military hospital and then to the intensive care where he eventually succumbed to his injuries.
This death raises the death toll from the Port Said clashes to 42.
Egypt's President Mohamed Morsi responded to protests and violence in Port Said by declaring a state of emergency and curfew on the three canal cities: Port Said, Suez and Ismailia.
Residents, however, took to the streets en masse after the curfew in a defiant message that they won't adhere to the emergency law. The curfew was eventually reduced in Port Said to four hours and three in Ismailia and Suez.