Egyptian authorities will secure the release of seven kidnapped soldiers swiftly and safely and in a manner that will maintain the state's prestige, the office of President Morsi vowed in a statement late on Sunday.
The statement was released after President Morsi met with the Minister of Defence, Minister of Interior, Head of the General Intelligence, Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces, Chief of Operations of the Armed Forces and other army officials.
Earlier on Sunday, President Morsi said "all options" remained open to secure the release of the kidnapped soldiers, stressing that Egypt would "not be blackmailed" by the captors.
He went on to deny the existence of differences between Egyptian state apparatuses over the crisis, noting that there was "complete coordination" between the ministries of interior and defence.
The president also said there would be no dilagoue with criminals, state news agency MENA reported on Sunday.
Seven Egyptian soldiers were kidnapped in the Sinai Peninsula on Thursday, including a member of the armed forces, four port security officers and two state security officers.
Following the kidnapping, a security source said the perpetrators had demanded the release of Sinai-based militants who were detained two years.
The militants were convicted of killing five security officers and one civilian during a string of attacks in June/July 2011 on an Al-Arish city police station and a North Sinai branch of the Bank of Alexandria. A total of 25 individuals were charged in the case.