This year's hajj pilgrimage will go ahead despite a crane collapse which killed more than 100 people at Mecca's Grand Mosque, a Saudi official told AFP on Saturday.
"It definitely will not affect the hajj this season and the affected part will probably be fixed in a few days," said the official, who declined to be named.
"Hajj will go on, for sure."
At least 107 people died when the crane toppled into a courtyard of the mosque during extremely high winds on Friday.
Hundreds of thousands of faithful from around the world had already arrived for the hajj, which is expected to start on September 21.
The hajj is one of the five pillars of Islam, and every capable Muslim is expected perform it at least once in their life.