Clashes and air raids across Yemen killed dozens of people in 24 hours since a UN peace envoy presented a roadmap to end the county's conflict, military sources said Wednesday.
In the Nahm region, east of the capital Sanaa, forces loyal to the government of President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi traded artillery fire with Shiite Huthi rebels.
The sources said at least 15 rebels and five pro-Hadi fighters were killed in the exchange, which was punctuated by air strikes by the Saudi-led Arab coalition supporting the government.
Six loyalist fighters and five rebels were killed in clashes around Al-Buqah border post with Saudi Arabia, they said, while four rebels and two loyalists were killed overnight in the central region of Baida.
In Sanaa on Tuesday, UN envoy Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed submitted a proposal to the Huthi rebels and their allies on advancing prospects for peace.
The rebels would give their response to the written roadmap on political and security arrangements in the coming days, the envoy said.
His visit was marred by a protest as hundreds of people demonstrated outside his hotel in the rebel-held capital, accusing the envoy of siding with the Saudi-led coalition.
The government has so far been non-committal on the proposal, with spokesman Rajeh Badi telling AFP it had not received any roadmap for a political settlement.
Nearly 6,900 people have been killed in Yemen's conflict since March 2015, more than half of them civilians, while an additional three million are displaced and millions more need food aid.