A Palestinian teenager died Friday after the Israeli occupation army shot him in the West Bank, Palestinian medics and the health ministry said.
"Mohammad Said Hamayel, 15, died near Beita, south of Nablus, the Palestinian Red Crescent said.
The Palestinian health ministry said six others had been wounded by live gunfire.
The Israeli occupation army did not immediately respond to an AFP request for comment.
According to Wafa, the Palestinian news agency, the violence took place during "a public protest against Israel's construction of a colonial settlement outpost near the village", to which the army responded with live fire and teargas.
The teenager's death comes a day after three Palestinians were killed by Israeli special forces in alleged mission to arrest suspected "terrorists" in the occupied West Bank.
Violence in the West Bank increased in early May, with at least 30 Palestinians killed in attacks by Israeli forces .
West Bank villages often hold Friday demonstrations against land confiscation, house demolitions and Israeli settlements deemed illegal under international law.
Some 475,000 Israeli settlers live in the occupied West Bank, home to more than 2.8 million Palestinians
* This story was edited by Ahram Online