Israel is not responsible for Gaza attack: Military spokesman

Ahram Online, AFP , Friday 1 Mar 2013

Terrorist organizations, not Israel, are responsible for Friday's attack in Gaza Strip, military spokesman claims

Palestinian-Israeli Conflict
Black smoke rises after an Israeli air strike in the central Gaza Strip towards Israel November 19, 2012 (Photo: Reuters)

The spokesman of the Israeli military, Avichay Adraee, denied on his Facebook page Israel's launching of a military strike near central Gaza border on Friday.

"Israel's army has no relation with the incident; terrorist organizations should be blamed for it", Adraee claimed.

A Palestinian medical official source told AFP on Friday that Israeli tank fire wounded three Palestinians near central Gaza's border with the Jewish state.

"Three farmers, around 20 years of age, were moderately wounded by a tank shell and taken to Shifa hospital in Gaza City," health ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra told AFP, adding the men had been working in fields east of east of El-Bureij refugee camp when they were hurt.

An army spokeswoman said no such incident was known to the military.

Under the terms of a November ceasefire agreement between Israel and Gaza's Hamas rulers, Palestinians are supposed to have access to arable land in a buffer zone up to 100 metres (yards) from the border fence.

Israel says its soldiers open fire on Palestinians who come closer than that.

Short link: