AI generated photo showing gold coins and USD notes. Photo: DALL E 2 by Open AI.
- The 24 karat per-gram price declined by EGP 11.5 to EGP 2640.
- The 21 karat decreased by EGP 10 per gram to reach EGP 2310.
- The 18 karat per-gram price slipped by EGP 8.5 to EGP 1980.
- The gold pound was priced at EGP 18,480, EGP 80 lower than Tuesday's price.
*Prices reflect updates recorded by midday.
- EGX30 inched lower 0.22 percent to close at 17,495.77 points.
- EGX70 slipped 0.43 percent to end at 3,249.99 points.
- EGX100 declined by 0.49 percent to hit 4,875.07 points.
- Market cap lost nearly EGP 1 billion to close at EGP 1.137 trillion on Wednesday, up from EGP 1.138 trillion on Tuesday.
- Top gainer in the market was Misr Duty Free Shops after rising by 19.91 percent to close at EGP 15.96.
- Top loser was Cairo Oils & Soap, with a 6.77 percent decline, ending at EGP 0.179.
- The dollar remains stable in the official market, trading at EGP 30.83 for purchase and EGP 30.95 for sale.
- The euro edged slightly higher to EGP 33.01 for purchase and EGP 33.23 for sale.
- The Saudi riyal stabilized at EGP 8.22 for purchase and EGP 8.25 for sale.
*Sources: The Central Bank of Egypt's official exchange rates, the Egyptian Stock Exchange, and iSagha.