Zamalek coach Hassan Shehata insisted on Wednesday that he would stay with the White Knights, denying reports suggesting that he had plans to become the new boss of Ittihad Jeddah.
"My departure from Zamalek is only a rumour," the former Egypt coach – who led the Pharaohs to three consecutive African Cup of Nations titles before taking charge of the Cairo giants – told Ahram Online.
"This rumour was fuelled by reports that the Egyptian Premier League would be cancelled," he added.
The Egyptian League was suspended indefinitely following last week's Port Said tragedy, which left 74 football fans dead and hundreds injured and prompted calls for the Egyptian Football Association to call off the competition due to ongoing political turmoil in the country.
Shehata, who was named Zamalek boss last summer following the sacking of Hossam Hassan, has yet to officially put pen to paper on a formal deal with the famous Egyptian side.
“I won't leave the team until I win a title with them,’’ Shehata asserted.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter:@AO_Sports)