One day after denying media reports suggesting his looming departure for Saudi club Ittihad Jeddah, Zamalek coach Hassan Shehata admitted on Thursday that he might take charge of the Saudi side in the event that the Egyptian League is cancelled.
"Ittihad Jeddah officials talked to me about a possible move," Shehata told Ahram Online. "I will make up my mind after the Egyptian authorities come to a decision about the fate of the Egyptian League."
The Egyptian League was suspended indefinitely following last week's Port Said tragedy, which left 74 football fans dead and hundreds injured. The violence also prompted calls for the Egyptian Football Association to call off the competition due to ongoing domestic political turmoil.
"In the case that league activities resume, I will not leave Zamalek," Shehata stressed.
Shehata, who was named Zamalek boss last summer, has yet to sign a formal contract with the Egyptian giant.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter: @AO_Sports)